Sunday, June 13, 2010

Remember my product spinning?

It has been perfectly re-purposed! I searched for an appropriate pattern for its weight (14-16 WPI), texture (not next-to-skin soft; mohair halo) and amount of yardage (255 yards) - and found this. Then I checked my bookmarked Kool-Aid dye charts, pulled out a packet of Berry Blue and Changin' Cherry, and produced this:I was going for even dye coverage, but even with the unintended variegation it should look lovely in that pattern. Forget socks for now; I'm dreaming of Shetland seashells! Wheee!

That's it for now from . . .

9 comments:

IsobelleGoLightly said...

Pretty! Pretty! I'd love a seashell shawl please! Would go great with my horns! tee hee!

Sheila said...

I love the color. I think whatever you make, it will be beautiful. Sheila

Kathy in KY said...

Michelle - I saw the color and just said, Oh Wow! It's a beautiful shade. I'm sure whatever you make will be wonderful. Thanks for sharing. Take care, from KY.

A :-) said...

Your spinning looks really good, Michelle! I've been spinning this weekend, too - it's been awhile, and I fell right back in as soon as I switched from silk to superwash merino
:-)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous yarn- have fun with it!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Hey - I got talked into teaching a sheep to shawl class this week at the Living Arts and Science Center in Lexington - the original teacher had a family emergency so I'm filling in. 8 kids 3-5 grade. Wednesday is Kool Aid dye day. She didn't leave a lesson plan and I've not dyed enough to feel super confident about this. Can you help me organize my afternoon - 1:00 to 4:00? I do have one assistant.

Kim said...

Yummy! I love dyeing with Koolaid, in fact I just love dyeing. This will be beautiful, whatever you make with it, the color is so delicious!

Mom L said...

What a gorgeous color!

Anonymous said...

So pretty, love the color!!!