Friday, October 30, 2009

Seeing red

Yes, there's that lovely little laceleaf Japanese maple right outside the front door, but that's not what I'm talking about.

This morning when I opened the gate to lead Braveheart's breeding group to their lot, the two ewes and ram punching bag wether followed me out, but not Braveheart. After feeding Inky her grain ration, I walked back to the fold and there he was, doing his best to put the "little punk," i.e. Blackberry, in his place.(Excuse their "dirty sheets;" stripping and rebedding the fold has been on my to-do list for weeks!) I don't know if Dinah is in heat, but clearly Blackberry is feeling studly enough to taunt the big guy through the fence - and Braveheart was not about to walk away from a fight. It was mostly posturing; no one was hitting hard - unfortunately. Blackberry's scurs are snailing around in front of his ears, and I wouldn't mind if he'd knock the slightly wiggly things off. Maybe it will happen yet; I doubt their testosterone levels will be dropping anytime soon.

That's it for now at . . .

1 comment: