Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Raindrops on roses

You are fortunate, dear readers, that I used up my available time and brain power to make this collage, or this post could have resulted in another song stuck on "replay" in your mind ala Monday's post!

HA! It's "too late . . . Ethel" (name THAT song!); here are some more twisted lyrics to go with today's photos:
Bright 'copper' kettle with pear butter stewin'

Brown wooly packages standing there chewin'

Bay colored ponies with nothing to do . . .

These are a few of my favorite things at . . .

9 comments:

Theresa said...

LOL, spreading earworms with abandon could be on the list of favorite things too!

Michelle said...

"Earworms" -- a new word in my vocabulary!

Laura said...

Cute!

Unknown said...

hmmm, the only song I can think of that contains "too late" and "Ethel" is The Streak, by Ray Stevens. :-)I actually had to google it too make sure.

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

lol we actually had a dog named Streak when I was growing up, after the song :)...wont go into why lol

Donna said...

Love it!!! ;-)

A :-) said...

I didn't have to google it - reasonably sure your quote was from Ray Stevens' "The Streak" . . .fastest thing on two feet ;-)

Leigh said...

Ha, ha, very clever! Nothing like a smile to end my day.

Claire MW said...

Oh I just want a big ladle to scoop out some of that pear butter, a little vanilla ice cream to put it onto, and a nice big spoon. Oh, and a comfy chair. Looks wonderful!