Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy Spring!

I know, some of you think we've already enjoyed more than our fair share, but the calendar says it's official now.

Some Shetland breeders have flashy, black-and-white spotted sheep. Me, I have a black sheep and a white sheep. Soon there will be lambs (Inky says it can't be soon enough); nothing says spring quite like bouncing lambies!

Butter is expanding daily. Look at that little baby bump showing below her coat! The photo below is not the most flattering shot, but it shows all her pertinent parts preparing for motherhood.
Another symbol of spring is eggs. Welsie laid a doozy yesterday (that's a normal Rhode Island Red egg next to it); that had to hurt!

That's it for now at . . .

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a look at early spring. Ours is not here yet - close - but not here. I don't know how you manage to do all you do and still keep up with the blog but I am sure glad you do because I love reading about your life. Just enjoy the show and have fun - you have work enough ahead of you.

Kathleen said...

I hope you get some spotted lambs this year!

I have complete sympathy for the hen who laid the giant egg. Yowch.

MiniKat said...

What beautiful daffodils! I hope the girls don't start popping without you or Rick there.

Other than that, here's hoping you are up to your elbows in lambs soon. ;-)

Kathy said...

I can hardly wait to see Inky's lambs! It's "Inky Watch" for me. :)

The large egg is probably a double yolk-er. That's supposed to be good luck.

white_lilly said...

Yay Spring! for you and Autumn for me:)

Can't wait to see you bouncing lambs :)

xoxoxo

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

"little" baby bump? ;) and WHOA what an EGG!! Looks like the girls are earnin' their keep at your place!

MiniKat said...

There's an award for you on my blog. Hop over to collect it when you can. :-)

MiniKat said...

Re: your comment - Heh. That's what I think every time I log on and find another one. ;-)

Karen said...

Hi Michelle, when I see all your beautiful photos what comes to mind is "it must be nice to be you!". Loved the daffodils and I look forward to lambie pix soon. Best wishes for your Sunday show!

An English Shepherd said...

Lovely spring daffodil pics, there are loads now on the grass verges near us :-)

Sharon said...

Hope "springs" eternal - pun intended. It's still brown here.