Sunday, February 01, 2009

February frost art

I am as enamored by the beauty created by a good frost as I am by the flowers of spring and summer and the colors of fall - maybe even more so. After all, frost can transform even weeds (top two photos) into works of art! Yes, every season has its treasures; isn't it wonderful?

Speaking of flowers, the rhodies and daphne odora are making promises:

And speaking of treasures, here are the beaming faces of my son and husband with the "bucking" sawhorse they made together today. Rick still uses the sawhorses his grandfather made for him one Christmas long ago; I have a feeling Brian will use and treasure this one for many years to come.

That's it for now from . . .

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

I love your frosted flowers, too, especially that last photo. Wow. I showed this to O and he said, "What's that white stuff she painted the flowers with?"

He's never seen frost before. Or a good snow.