Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What a snowfall!

Yesterday mid-morning it started to snow. The flakes got bigger and bigger until it looked like snowballs falling from the sky! I don't think I've ever seen such big clumps of snow in the air! It didn't stick long, though.

THIS "snowfall" will be around for awhile! That's five and a half pounds of white alpaca top that I didn't spend a cent on - and a used bobbin I picked up at Woodland Woolworks.



Yesterday I finally had a chance to take my sample skein (above, with a couple shots of the yarn drying last week) by Wings and a Prayer Alpacas to show the owner. She was delighted with it, and sent the rest of the white top home with me to spin for halfsies. She would like her half of the yarn spun the same way I did the sample skein, and is in no hurry. That's a good thing, with my limited spinning time! I've never spun for anyone else, nor have I spun anywhere close to this much of one fiber, so it is a new and exciting undertaking for me.

That's it for now from . . .

9 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Sounds like a spinners dream come true! Glad for you1

thecrazysheeplady said...

You'll have fun with this!

Carol B. said...

Wow! I bet that alpaca fiber has a wonderfully soft feel to it. Like spinning clouds.

But I think I would go nuts trying to spin five pounds of any one thing. That will take hours and hours. I hope you do some switching back and forth between fibers so that your spinning can continue to delight you and not become a chore.

Sharrie said...

But.......the yarn is beautiful, and it looks oh, so soft. You give me something to strive for.

Deb said...

Your spinning is beautiful and so is that fiber :)

white_lilly said...

How beautiful is that snow:)
And the wool looks so soft and luxurious, I wish I could find time to get on my wheel and spin, is it very addictive once you really get into it ?:)

Sharon said...

You know, I've seen your skeins over time and what I see here is your development in producing a consistent yarn. Your skeins are lovely and you are right to feel proud.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a LOT of fiber :) Your spinning is beautiful and the fiber looks lovely to work with. Have a wonderful time spinning it!

dreameyce said...

I love doing 'trades' like that! What a score! The fiber looks amazing :)