Thursday, January 08, 2009

Over the river and through the woods...

(Click on any photo to biggify.)
This afternoon Brian and I headed the back way to Sheridan to deliver the purses and see if Sonnet fits its intended. As wet as it's been lately, I wondered if there might be some high water, and sure enough, there was. The Public Works guys had just put up the "Road Closed" sign but told me I could go through at my own risk (and then they led the way). No thanks; my Honda Accord sits a lot lower than their truck, and I can't afford to replace or repair it!

If you look 90 degrees right from the view above, you'll see a little farm I lust - er, love.The little white house and tidy barns are perfectly situated up on the bank, with lovely green pasture that slopes down to the floodplain. They even have sheep (big whites) in that pasture sometimes. Wouldn't it be loverly....

After some backtracking, we got to Pam's. The Sonnet is a go, so I must get to work on the sleeves. The big girls were still at community college, but Hannah received her little purse with delight.After playing with Brian awhile she changed and sat down to investigate the plastic "coins" Brian had put in the purse for his little friend.
I told Pam to make sure the big girls brought their purses to church this Sabbath so I could get photos of them!

That's it for now at . . .

6 comments:

A :-) said...

Been hearing about all the raing your corner of the world is getting and wondering if all was well with you. I hope it stops soon and you all stay warm and dry :-)

Heather said...

Those are great little purses! And isn't Brian a sweetie!

Deb said...

That's a sweet little purse and Hannah is darling.

Your weather is as extreme as ours. Hope things settle down soon.

Michelle said...

Our corner hasn't gotten anywhere close to the rain and flooding as our neighbors to the north in Washington! There have been a couple temporary road closures like the one shown, but no real damage from floodwaters.

Tina T-P said...

We have a LOT of roads closed up here but none in my regular travels, thankfully.

I hear you had some special visitors from E. Washington on their way to the beach. I am so jealous! They said they had a very nice visit. :-) T.

Deborah Niemann said...

I thought of you every time I heard them talking about all the flooding out there. They were saying the only way to get from Portland to Seattle was by plane, since it was flooded so badly. Glad you're doing okay!