Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy anniversary?

Russell has been acting uncomfortable during recent rides, which has really bummed me out. Today Rick had time to examine him, and determined that Russell's neck was the likely culprit. Rick couldn't remember which cervical joints he injected last winter, so I checked my blog to see if I had documented it. Sure enough, I had - and also saw that it happened exactly a year ago today! See, a blog can be a very helpful tool! :-)

This time around Rick didn't have to shave Russell's neck, which will be nice if we get to any shows this spring. It's probably more comfortable for Russell, too, not having "cold spots" on his neck at this time of year. Hopefully by Sunday I'll have a chance to ride him and see if the injections have helped.

Jumping to a totally different topic.... I finally broke down and joined Ravelry. I have avoided it like the plague because it sounds like an enormous time pit, but so many other bloggers were linking to patterns there that I decided to join just to access them. So far I haven't even done that because of all the other things on my plate, so I don't think it's going to be a problem after all. I'm "sheepmademedoit" - a fitting name, I thought, since getting Shetland sheep precipitated re-learning to knit and learning to spin.

That's it for now at . . .

7 comments:

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

Yay! When you get a chance come join my group!
Hope Russel is on the mend!

Jennifer said...

I stumbled across your blog today. Nice blog! Beautiful sheep.

Michelle said...

I shouldn't even ask, Becky, but what is your group and how do I find it?

Welcome, Shiloh Prairie Farm, and thanks for visiting! Hope you come back again often. :-)

thecrazysheeplady said...

That is so clever - great choice!!! You should start your own group with that name - for all the crazy sheep folks that got into all this (spinning, knitting, weaving,... even blogging!) because of sheep.

Michelle said...

Oh yes, blogging! I forgot to add that the sheep led me to blog as well! But Sara, I can't start a group; I'm trying keep myself from the temptation of spending time on Ravelry, remember?

Anonymous said...

Hi sheepmademedoit!
When you get a chance you can check me outon Raveley at donnaschoon. For me it us a great way to stay organized with current projects, cool patterns and my stash. You click on people at the top of the page and then type in the name of the person you want to find.
Donna Schoonover

Windyridge said...

Look me up on Ravelry, I'm Windyridge!
It's fun to just look at what your friend's are favoriting, but yes, it can be a time sink. I've discovered some great patterns and it organizes your patterns, makes it easy to queue new ones up and is just plain fun.