Sunday, January 04, 2009

For me?!?

Somewhere I stumbled across a photographic blog of Scotland and promptly added it to my list of followed blogs. It's a way of connecting to the part of the world where my favorite breed of sheep originated. The landscapes there are hauntingly beautiful in an austere, desolate sort of way; I have to imagine them dotted with fluffy little woolies, though, because they aren't usually in the photos.

Imagine my surprise and delight when I checked my "reading list" this morning to see a post on Photogenic Scotland entitled "One for Michelle" - featuring a beautiful photograph of SHEEP! When I thanked Alf in his comments and teasingly requested a poster-size version, he promptly emailed me the file so I could print one for my desk. What a gift!

I have been so blessed by "blogpals;" they add friendship and interesting perspectives to my life, and have also been an unbelievably generous source of gifts like this. That, in turn, challenges me to be more generous. Blogpals remind me of the penpals I had when I was younger, only one doesn't usually have to wait so long between correspondence and photos are much easier to share. So here's to all of you I visit on the web; thank-you for all you add to my life!

With heartfelt gratitude from . . .

9 comments:

Tina - omme i London said...

And thank you right back. :)

Dori Ann said...

I agree, I loved pen pals, didn't think you were that old :))
I am amazed at the contact you make thru the internet, who would have thought we could have friends all over the world at our finger tips? I hope our children and grandchildren appreciate what oppertunities they have in front of them!
Look at all the things we can learn! How tolerant of other people we become when we understand other cultures. It is amazing, I am so thankful I have got to be apart of this wonderful time where we have so many things available to us.
Off my soap box now.

Deborah Niemann said...

I love what you said about pen pals! I'd never thought of it that way, but I do find myself checking for blog comments the way I used to watch the mailbox when I was waiting for a letter!

Sharon said...

Your post reminded me a hippy coffee shop called "High Wire, No Net." We are the net and we encourage each other to get up on that trapeze - to experiment and try things. I feel as you, enriched by my blog friends. Who knew?!

~TigereyeSal~ said...

Blog pals ARE fantastic!

MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Hello Michelle! I hope we can get to stop by Monday afternoon when we are done with Dennis' doctors appointment in Portland...would be nice. Call our cell phone 509 528 1115 if you are free and we will pop in for a spell.
I find it amazing that such a vast wealth of friendship in our world is wrapped in a tiny black rectangle box we plug into an outlet on the wall.
We are wet and stormie here in Depoe Bay and looking forward to a fun quiet relaxing week...
Blessings, Karla and the cozy cottage clan<><

Anonymous said...

Aw, you made me blush now Michelle... You are more than welcome to the photo. I may not comment often but I read regularly, and enjoy your blog. I am actually amazed at how many friends I have mnade through blogging, a few enemies also though it has to be said. However, very few, like yourself, make it into the "interesting visitors" list...

Carol B. said...

I have also enjoyed your comments for the last few years. I do check your blog often, even though I do not always take the time to login and leave a comment. The photo "for Michelle" is really cool. I may have to check out that blog too now.

Gone2theDawgs said...

What fun, Michelle! A sheep pic just for you! :) That's a great blog to go visit, thanks for sharing.