Tuesday, October 21, 2008

In case you were wondering...

...I did finish the moebius shawl in time to wear at my sister's reception! I finished the knitting shortly after arriving in Texas last week. The rectangle measured 16"x47".Then I twisted it and seamed one short end to the end of one long side to get the moebius effect with a longer "V" back.

The wedding was held in my folks' little church in Hereford, which was much too small to accommodate the reception. For that we moved down the street to the Community Center, which was well air-conditioned or I would have been too warm to don mohair. I wore it for awhile, and my new brother-in-law's Aunt Bonnie, a fellow knitter I was delighted to meet, took these photos on her cell phone:
For more wedding photos, you'll have to wait until I get home and download my camera (we're in the airport waiting to board as I type). You may have to wait awhile, though. Tomorrow will be crazy, because after a busy morning playing catch-up and going to the homeschooling cooperative in the afternoon, I'm driving to Creswell to pick up a very special ram to meet my three adult ewes!

That's the long-distance report from . . .

8 comments:

Rayna said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! And the shawl isn't too bad either ;-) lol. It suits you well!

Anonymous said...

Lovely shaw.

Pamela said...

Very, very lovely shawl. It really came out nice.

Sounds like you had a great time at the wedding--that's really good!

Kathy said...

Cool beans! And a new ram to boot! Plus, a picture of your smiling face! Win/Win!!!

Michelle said...

Kathy, I think I was talking; certainly not smiling and not even looking at the cell phone - ugh! But I knew some of you would want to see photos ASAP, and I AM very happy with the shawl. Enough so that I plan to make more!

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

Nice job :)

A Jackson said...

Who cares if you are making a puckered up sort of face? The shawl looks great!

Gone2theDawgs said...

The shawl is beautiful...not surprising from a talented person! Yeah, that second photo could have used one of your smiles!!! :)Can't wait to see pics of the results of your loaner ram crossed with your lovely ewes! Too bad I'm not interested in polled genetics!!