Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Cocooning

I was going to attend my local dressage chapter meeting last night while my son and husband went off and did their own thing. But when a friend who was going to ride with me backed out, I got to thinking about how nice it would be to have the house to myself and do more catching up - and SPIN again! Can you guess what I did?

First I made myself a cup of decadent hot chocolate in one of my dressage chapter's mugs as a nod to the missed meeting. Then I wound off Bella's hogget fleece single into a center-pull ball so I could ply it. After plying, it became this darling little 24-yard mini-skein.Then I took a small sample of Bella's lamb fleece and spun that up as a single.VERY yummy - softer with a bit more color than her hogget fleece. I got it plied but left the skeining for another time.
Lest you think I was a total slacker while cocooning last night, I'll have you know I washed and hung a load of laundry, did chores (which Rick expected to have to do when he got home), put away the jars of condensed tomato soup and a case of canned blueberries a client of Rick's gave him today (he was also given a box of pears; hurray - free food!),and worked on a couple of graphics jobs for a client.

It was lovely to have a quiet house to myself and my charming companion:
How true yesterday's calendar page is!
That's it for now at . . .

5 comments:

Gone2theDawgs said...

Sounds like a perfect evening (other than doing the chores....):)

Michelle said...

Actually - dare I admit it? - I LIKE doing chores! It's quiet time with animals, quality time with my sheep, putting things ship-shape so to speak. What's not to like? :-)

Pamela said...

I love the quiet time with the animals....unfortunately I've been having so much quiet time with the animals, that the house has been forgotten. Time enough for dusting and mopping when the winter comes. Until then, I'm at the barn. :)

Deborah Niemann said...

Hey Michelle, be sure to list your roving on my blog. I'm starting a list for Christmas shopping!

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

Love those little bits of black in Bella's fleece, I think those are my favorite types of fiber to spin, give it a bit of character.