Sunday, October 26, 2008

The best-laid plans . . .

I got sick Friday, on top of my cold. Didn't pay much attention to the symptoms at first, as I was busy cleaning and preparing food for the next day, but by suppertime I didn't feel much like eating (you KNOW I don't feel good when I pass on the homemade German Chocolate Cake I made for Rick's birthday!), and went to bed shortly after that. Didn't sleep much from discomfort, and stayed home from church the next day. I rarely get sick and when I do, I'm usually over the worst of it in 24 hours, so I was hoping to bounce back in time for the barn party Saturday night. As the day dragged on (Rick was on call and had to go on several emergencies; he had Brian with him) it became clear that I was not going to be up for socializing, but Rick and Brian still planned to go to the party and pick up my roving, too. To Brian's great dismay (the barn party was held at his best friend's house), they didn't get home from the emergencies until nearly 7:30 p.m., way too late to drive over an hour to a party that started at 6:00. Obviously, the roving didn't wing its way here by itself, so the announcement of the contest winner must be delayed.

My typically cast-iron gut is still in turmoil, but I feel enough better today to be out of bed more often than in it. (I have no idea what I'm dealing with. No fever, so I think that rules out the flu. I've had food poisoning, and this isn't it.) When Rick and Brian left to pick grapes to juice, I decided to spin some more of the luscious batt Allena gave me in MO - and finished it!Not only was it good "fiber therapy," once I get it plied and skeined my wheel will be free to play with roving from my own sheep.

Speaking of fibery goodness, I so enjoyed the mohair yarn I made my moebius shawl from that last week I bought more - and in more colors! (Did I mention it's on sale?) This really is nice stuff, not at all itchy. If you want to buy some and pay the shipping I'd be happy to pick it up and send it to you. It's also available in dark eggplant and burgundy. Email me (link at right) for details.

That's it for now from . . .

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better now Michelle!

Deb said...

Get well soon Michelle ~

The batt Allena gave you is a lovely color. Do you have plans for the yarn?

Gone2theDawgs said...

I sure hope you're feeling better Michelle! I am still getting over something that I had.

That's too bad about Brian missing the party. Does he enjoy going on calls with his Dad? (possibly a budding Vet?)

Oh, by the way, did I mention that Bella has come up to me twice now and let me get a couple of chin skritches in before she haughtily walked away? :)

A :-) said...

Oh, it's no fun being sick :-( And if you're passing on cake, you must be pretty sick :-(

I hope you will take it easy another day or two and I'll bet you'll be feeling a lot better by then. :-)

Michelle said...

Thanks for the well-wishes, everyone. I AM feeling better; I actually ate supper tonight (but still no cake). Now we'll see how my system handles it.

Deb, I don't have plans for the yarn yet. I'm thinking I may have to ply it with something else to get enough yardage for much of anything. I do have some lovely white alpaca that I got as a sample and spun fine; maybe I'll use that and then make a lacy scarf. It would be oh, so soft!

Tammy, Brian likes being with Daddy and has seen about everything, but never says he wants to be a vet when queried. He usually says he wants to be a builder.... And I am THRILLED that Bella is coming off her iceberg for you!

Sharon said...

I'm with you on never being sick and hating it when I am. And I'm with you on fiber therapy. I really believe we benefit from the beautiful things around us that make our spirits smile. I am confident that beauty is part of our created nature.

Pamela said...

Certainly hope you continue to recover. Very strange not to have a fever or feel like it's food poisoning. What ever it is, I hope it passes as quickly as it came.

dreameyce said...

Oh you have a country spinner! I want one someday :) I just bought a jumbo flyer for my Ashford to hold me off for now *G*

Thanks for the blog comment! I live in Albany so we are VERY close! I bet we've spotted each other at local fiber shows and didn't know it :)