Friday, October 03, 2008

All kinds of excitement

(Warning: it doesn't take much to excite most of us around here. :-)

I love this colorful row of sheep "bellied up to the bar" this morning. It's raining steadily today, after a few sprinkles yesterday. The change in the weather has given Inky's black fleece a wonderful hand; I can hardly wait to see next spring's micron testing results on her - and everyone else!

Brian checked for eggs during his mid-morning break - and came up with four! Wow, we may actually get FIVE today! I was pleased that he found a safe way to transport them:
What fun to get one of each of the colors we're receiving so far! Clockwise from top: Ebony's (Easter Egger), Tawny's (gold-laced Wyandotte), Morgan's (Easter Egger), and one of the Rhodie's. (Think maternal thoughts towards Welsie, the Welsummer hen. Come OOON, chocolate eggs!)

Another bit of excitement came in my email inbox this morning. Ever since Woodland Woolwork's quarterly newsletter, The Wool Rag, arrived, I've had it sitting in my office for one reason: a small black-and-white photo from the book Knit So Fine of, believe it or not, LEGWARMERS! These are not the slouchy, sloppy legwarmers of my youth (a pair of which, I am embarrassed to admit, I owned once upon a time); no, these are gorgeous, fitted, cabled, SEXY (on the right legs) legwarmers the likes of which I had never seen before. Imagine my excitement to see these very legwarmers featured in today's Knitting Daily email as a free pattern!Not that I anticipate EVER having enough time in my life to tackle these, nor do I fancy my legs the perfect recipient for them, but you can bet I downloaded the pattern and saved it in my file of knitting dreams.

That's it for now from . . .

7 comments:

Miss Effie said...

What???? you don't still own a pair of leg warmers??? I thought every one did! Mine are University of Illinois orange and blue.

They look good over the hot pink stockings (worn with a garter belt, mind you!) from my youth!!!

Yea -- I am a hoarder.

Kathleen said...

I think I need a pair of THOSE legwarmers! I had the slouchy sloppy ones, too, and only wore them out to do chores in.

Kathy said...

I saw leg-warmers on sale in Target the other day...and was astonished at they were "in" again. Now if I can just find mine......

It was nice talking with you. Let's hope things start upward, shall we?

Gone2theDawgs said...

Sometimes it's the little things that bring the most pleasure in life! I find myself admiring all the forms of nature around me, the variety in the sheep, the shape of a beautiful chicken egg.....and the leg warmers? Well, I do admit to wearing them in the past and those are 100% more attractive than anything I ever wore!! :)

Sharon said...

I love leg warmers - may have to put that on my list of projects. Wish my legs looked like that! Funny how beautiful simple eggs are - such gems.

A :-) said...

I still have a black pair and a pink pair . . . Danskins :::blush::: Hey - it gets COLD in Chicagoland and when you walk to and from the train every day, you sometimes have to bundle up more than normal. ;-) OK - Lisa Lloyd's A Fine Fleece is one of my favorite books and I just looked through it and came up blank on leg warmers. I also couldn't find the pattern on Knitting Daily . . . help me out here because those are beauteous and surely there's something in my STASH I could make them with :-D

Michelle said...

Sorry, everybody! Those legwarmers are from the book Knit So Fine, not A Fine Fleece! But they ARE on Knitting Daily.