Sunday, March 02, 2008

It must be Becky's fault

Becky Utecht commented on my last post that her Aussie, Ozzie, chewed holes in their walls when he was a pup. Well, that certainly made me feel better about the various, mostly small, miscellaneous objects Jackson has chewed on! That is, until I happened to spy THIS:Yes, inspired to conquer (chew) much bigger objects (the house) by another of his kind (Ozzie), Jackson has tackled a wall. Fortunately, this particular wall is located in a nook in the laundry room; you can't even see the spot unless you bend over and look in.
Before the cabinets were installed, I had quite a few things down in that odd space, so I put a baby gate across the opening. Now all that I keep there is a big tub of laundry detergent too heavy to put in a cabinet; that tub is now in FRONT of the hole and will hopefully deter further chewing. I kinda like Jackson, so I haven't told Rick about the damage. :-/

This week I should have more spring color to show you:

That's it for now at . . .

5 comments:

Tina T-P said...

He is a rascal isn't he? Hopefully it was just a random act of boredom... :-) T.

Lauren Dorsee Dillon said...

Well, that's something our dogs have never done, imagine that! We did lose a sofa arm once and then there was the time (when my mother was babysitting of course which was rare) that they completely destroyed the down-filled cushions on the club chairs that she had given us. It looked like it had snowed in the living room (yes, she left it the entire weekend for us to see).

I'm counting on lots and lots of daffodil photos, young lady. One of my friends growing up lived on a hilltop. On both sides of the looong driveway, daffodils had naturalized and covered the hill each spring. It was like a fairy tale, so lovely, and made the daffodil my favorite flower.

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

Well, thank goodness it wasnt my fault ;-)
Our aussie/golden cross didn't only chew on things, he actually ate them! He ate half a pair of sweats before I caught him once, he would eat socks and ...well, he really didn't have a specific preferance, just anything cloth would do; a border collie we had chewed a hole in the front of a leather couch; and of course we have had the shoe chewers, coffee table legs gnawers... but I have to say, I have never seen a dog chew a hole in a wall lol

Kathy said...

Wow! I won't show any of this to our cats...they may get ideas.

Love the daff's...ours won't even think of coming up 'til maybe next month...maybe...if I wish hard enough...

Becky Utecht said...

OMG Michelle! I hadn't visited your blog for a few days and here I was enjoying all your beautiful garden photos thinking how nice life would be out there, and then I saw the title of this post and my heart just sank. Yes, I must have given him ideas. But you must have read my reply aloud to him. :-) Your photo is just what we went through with Ozzie, although it looks like Jackson was scratching the wall too. Ozzie would lay near the wall and quietly gnaw away. We'd patch the hole and he'd chew it open again when we weren't looking. He had favorite spots and when we'd lock him away from those spots he'd pick new ones. It was really frustrating. But he did outgrow it eventually. He's really a very good dog now. He never wrecks anything anymore and he's great with all the other animals. Those Aussies have a lot of energy and are very smart.