Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The sun has set on summer

Yeah, I know, it's the last day of October and summer is long gone. It certainly felt so earlier this month, when the cold rain settled in for weeks on end. But lately, with the sun shining brilliantly, a bit of produce remaining in the garden and flowers still blooming, I could delude myself about the changing seasons --
-- IF I didn't look at the leaves!
Today I took advantage of the continuing dry, sunny weather to pick the last of the garden veggies, except for the carrots. It was a nice little haul of eggplants, tomatoes, bell peppers, and zucchini, as well as four small Casper pumpkins. Now it truly does feel like summer has ended, but we shall eat well for a little while longer.
That's it for now from . . .

3 comments:

Lauren Dorsee Dillon said...

I would love to see summer end, have a change of seasons, have an excuse to wear wool. You truly are in a great area.

Sharon said...

What a different last day of October we are both having. I love all the diversity in creation - never boring, never predictable, except that we will have four seasons.

Kathy said...

We had inch-thick ice on the sheeps' waterers this morning. And even the girls' waterer in the barn was frozen this morning.

I just hope we get some snow this year. :)