Sunday, October 14, 2007

In the pink - and not

Today I noticed that a third volunteer dahia, a delicate pink, was blooming. Not too far away there is one sedum blossom hiding next to the blue fescue (the meadows rats haven't read the Sunset Western Garden Book's notation that deer don't like sedum): Then there's this rich pink mum in one of my pots on the deck:
Dampening my enjoyment of all this beauty, however, is Rosie's current state of misery. We're not sure what's causing her pain and loss of appetite; Rick suspects pancreatitis. He'll run blood work on her tomorrow before we get too aggressive; we don't want to give her painkillers if her kidneys are struggling. She's never been this sick, and I'm worried. Please keep her in your prayers.
That's it for now at . . .

4 comments:

Sharon said...

We went through a struggle with one of our dogs, to the point that the vet had him spend the night with him because was simply stumped. It ended up Buster was filled with tape worms and they caused him such pain that he would just writhe across the floor. No fun - hope you can find the cause soon.

Kathy said...

I do hope you find out what's bothering Rosie. I know she's been a good companion for you and the family. I will keep you all in my thoughts today.

Tammy said...

Michelle,
Gosh, I'm so sorry to hear Rosie is sick. I know how worrisome that can be, esp. when you don't know what is going on. Keep us posted, you are all in my prayers.
Tammy

Nancy K. said...

I'm sure hoping that you can determine what's ailing Rosie and that she's feeling better quickly! Poor little girl...