Monday, September 17, 2007

Potpourri

Sunday we harvested the first melons from our garden, and created this honeydew/cantaloupe/yellow watermelon combo. (I like the yellow watermelon best.) Tonight for supper we had corn on cob (although it didn't germinate well, what did come up is producing beautiful ears!), and our frequently-enjoyed pasta primavera with zucchini from the garden.There's a lot more stuff out there that needs picking; I'm not able to keep up!

On the knitting front, I'm almost finished with the torso in the main color of my second mini-cardigan. Once I get the length I want, it will be time to add the contrasting color at the bottom. I love how fast this pattern knits up!

In sheep news, I continue with preparations for the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival. My three show sheep got rained on yesterday; hopefully their fleeces will dry completely by "show time." Bella is making steady improvement in her regular leading sessions. I'm working on creating and purchasing materials and compiling supplies. This week feels too short, and it's only Monday!

That's it for now at . . .

No comments: