Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Up and down around the town

The Good Year blimp visited McMinnville for several days this week, an interesting diversion from our usual scenery. I couldn't help but wonder how effective an advertising medium it is. Oh well, I don't buy Good Year tires, so I'm not footing the bill!
Dinner (*from the garden) last night: pasta tossed with parmesan and garlic, Walla Walla Sweet onion, *green beans, *zucchini, and *basil sauteed in olive oil, with *gold cherry tomatoes on the side. We'll be eating squash and green beans at a fast and furious pace for awhile; I've already given away two zucchini (perfectly sized ones mind you, not those wooden baseball bats that some people try to pass off as fresh garden vegetables). I want to try my hand at making pesto and some baked goodies with lavender, too; I'll let you know how they turn out.

Eating well at . . .

5 comments:

Lauren Dorsee Dillon said...

Yes, you are eating well, lucky you! I used to grow those purple beans! There's nothing like fresh green beans, love them!

Keep up the good nutrition!

shepherdchik said...

You always make me hungry.

Tina T-P said...

Yum - our purple beans are just starting to flower so it will be a couple of weeks before they are "beans" - I really like the flavor of them tho - and they froze well too. T.

Sharon said...

McMinnville?! Does this mean you are within driving distance to Woodland Woolworks? I would be a poor woman if I were in visiting distance of their store. Well, I am a poor woman, but that's beside the point...

Michelle said...

Ah yes, Woodland Woolworks in Carlton is just a hop down the road! That's where I found my first wheel (a used Louet S17), my niddy-noddy, my used ball winder, fiber (on sale), etc. I don't go often since it loses a lot of the fun with a five-year-old boy in tow, so I still have money in my bank account. :-)