Sunday, May 27, 2007

Tiger eyes


These are the Dutch (beardless) iris I have planted in a bed along our front walk. Tiger's Eye, they're called. Descriptive, huh? Not huge and frilly-fancy like the bearded iris, but quite striking in their own right. May is definitely the "iris month" here.


May is NOT really a sweater month, but here is my first Surprise Jacket, almost finished, nonetheless. (I still have to sew the top seams, put cuffs on the sleeves to make them long enough, and sew on buttons.) I didn't get much else done today besides getting this off the needles. Brian and I left with Rick for breakfast this morning, and didn't get home again until suppertime. (Rick is on emergency duty this holiday weekend, and getting "stuck" with him is always a chance we take when we ride along.) At least I thought to take along my knitting!

That's it for now at . . .

3 comments:

Tina - omme i London said...

Your irises are beautiful, and the BSJ is such a wonderful wee pattern to knit. I've two under my belt already (",).

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle-
Even though yours are not Siberian iris, they look so beautiful. On your recommendation, I was on the point of ordering an array of Siberians from Schreiner's, but maybe I will pick an choose...and add the Tiger Eyes"!

Hmmm...got to get done with the Gansey socks that I have begun this summer (this is NOT the best time of year to knit) and start an Adult Surprise Jacket. More EZ books to come!

Kathy said...

You go, Girl! :)


And the iris look striking, as you said. We have had night frosts here (which has stunted the tomato plants on my deck) and I noticed that my iris aren't in the mood to bloom. sigh....