Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Lucky me!

Little did I know when I wrote the title to my last post that the answer would be . . . ME! Arianie at Matahari Spinnery announced a Mother's Day Contest on the Yahoo Spinning list awhile back, so I entered -- and then promptly forgot about it. I've heard about people who are just plain lucky when it comes to contests and the like. Me, I've seldom won anything, and nothing that was very memorable -- until now. Today I received a fat, fragrant envelope in the mail from Matahari Spinnery. In it were two bars of delicious smelling "Zum Love" almond and poppy soap (Brian thought they smelled good enough to eat)
a fat hunk of Black Forest Truffle Corriedale roving that sounds and looks good enough to eat
and some silky-shiny Silk Latte milk protein fiber that probably COULD be eaten -- all beautifully wrapped in colorful tissue. Wow! A huge thank-you to Arianie for holding this contest and giving the generous prizes (as well as the wonderful specials on her website). I can hardly wait to shower -- and spin!

That's it for now at . . .

7 comments:

melanie said...

How lucky for you! Everything looks beautiful. It's a late Mother's Day present, but someone "up there" must think you're doing a pretty good job...

melanie said...

Michelle- do they have a website? Do you have the link?

Michelle said...

Melanie, if you click on the first mention of Matahari Spinnery at the top (notice the words are a slightly different color), you'll be taken directly to their website....

Kathy said...

Good onya, Michelle! I can't think of a nicer person to win a contest...can I rub your head for luck the next time I'm headed to Vegas?

melanie said...

Thanks, Michelle. My computer wasn't allowing me to connect through your link, but little perseverance with the search engine, and viola! we found it. (could very well be the internet police here at work - did I say work? Shame on me for surfing on the clock..tsk, tsk.) I suppose it's healthier than my colleagues who smoke every hour...

shepherdchik said...

Oh wow! How lucky. I have to go check that website, those are so neat (I might 'need' some).

Lauren Dorsee Dillon said...

Beautiful and what a treat to win something you had forgotten all about! The roving is lovely. Whatcha gonna make?

BTW, I sent you a package today, then checked your site. I'm not worthy.