Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Love:gifts

Love is expressed in many ways. Brian tells Alexis, one of his best friends, that he loves her. They hold hands. They also pester each other with annoying, vigorous endurance, just like siblings (they are both "only" children).

My dear friend Joan loved horses. So I persuaded her to go for a ride with me at the fairgrounds several years ago. She had a blast, and it was such fun giving her that experience.
A few weeks ago my dear cyberfriends Kathy and Tina sent me a beautiful azalea while I was mourning Joan's death. The plant was pretty when it arrived, but it's absolutely STUNNING now, and daily reminds me, sitting on our table, that I am loved.
This morning a friend stopped by to say hi on her way home from work. This friend and I used to spend LOTS of time together, but haven't seen each other much in recent years for a variety of reasons. I miss her, so I sent her a card and told her so. She called yesterday, and then stopped by with this little treasure of a chain pull she found on one of her many business trips. Another token of love.
My sheep make me feel loved, too, although some people would probably think that odd. When Rechel and Bella lay down beside me, when Valentine would rather be with me than anywhere else and looks at me with adoring brown eyes, it makes me think of Eden past and heaven future, where all creatures live in peace and harmony, and yes, in love.

I hope you find ways today to show your love to those around you, and look around you to be reminded that you are loved.

That's it for now at . . .

3 comments:

Tina T-P said...

Oh, that just makes me all teary eyed ...

That picture of Brian and his friend looks like one of those sweet greeting cards.

And what a CUTE little sheep pull! Welcome to the world of people finding you little cute sheep things :-) Tina

Lauren Dorsee Dillon said...

Awww.. I'm totally feeling the love. What a beautiful post from a very nice and completely caring human being.

See you in June!

Kathy said...

I couldn't have said it better than either Tina or Lauren! How sweet of you for letting us know that WE are loved!

You made my day!