Sunday, April 29, 2007

Close enough....

A friend of ours who forwards various interesting emails sent me this today:

"A sheep farmer was puzzled about the disappearance of some sheep on his farm. After a few weeks the farmer decided to put up an electric fence. About a week later, this is what he found!" (The email had two photos attached which I originally included here, but my sister was truly disturbed by the images - to the point of not sleeping - so I deleted them. If you want to see them, follow the snopes link below.)

The story sounded plausible (on another continent) and the photos were graphic, but I've been "had" by such things before. so I dutifully visited snopes.com to check out the truth of the matter. Yes, those are undoctored photos of a VERY large African rock python. And while it hadn't been eating sheep, an adult impala ewe was found inside the dead snake, so it was definitely capable of swallowing one of my Shetlands. EEEEECK!

That's it for now at . . .

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Aren't you glad you don't live in an area with these?